Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Case of the Mondays

With three 20-somethings working bizarre schedules, it seemed like we'd never get started on this year's diorama.  On Monday, February 22, Jessica was traveling and Doug was working late, so I decided I needed to get started on my own.

I had this brilliant idea that our Peeps would wear masks, SARS style.  But how to make them?  The idea hit me in the car (where all good ideas hit me): dryer sheets and dental floss.

Fast forward a few hours to me, huddled in bed (it was cold), squinting at my needle and mint-flavored thread.  I'm not great with knots, which presented some problems.  I couldn't even muster the strength to take a real photograph, so here is the view from my rudimentary cell phone:



After constructing two very delicate masks, I called it a night.  My eyes were killing me, and I was feeling grim about the whole project.

Would we ever get our act together?

No comments:

Post a Comment