Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feel the Burn

We started actually constructing our masterpiece on Tuesday, February 23, with the deadline for entries less than a week away. We live on the edge. Jessica was out of town, so Doug and I got down to work.



Doug was in charge of all box-cutting duties, and rightly so. I can't be trusted with that crap. Instead, I just kept reminding him, "Don't cut the table, I love this table." The table is safe.

As we developed the structure of the diorama, I was awarded my first hot-glue burn of the season:



We decided to use the plethora of Play Dough that we had on hand to make a lot of the features for our diorama. Why three 20-somethings have so much Play Dough sitting around is beyond me.



Doug used all of our green options to make the scenery outside of the "clinic," but with limited quantities of each color, it was slow going. In the meantime, I tried to make black and white tiles for the inside of the scene, but I didn't get nearly as far as I wanted.

We completed a few other preliminary things, like using manilla envelopes to line the walls of the scene and covering the outside of the "clinic."

During the wall installation, I was blessed with my second burn of the season:



It didn't help that Doug kept eating the supplies:


And it was around 10:30 p.m., post-burn, when I gave up and threw in the towel for the night. It felt good to have put a dent in our plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment